Discussion ClosedThis discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one,click here.

Urgent Help/3D Wing lift and drag

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I hope everyone is doing good. I am solving 3D wing model and I am calculating lift and drag using the formulae. I am new to COMSOL. I am using following equations;

Lift= 2spf.T_stressy/(0.077257rho_infU_inf^2) ny(ny>0)+nz*(nz>0)

Drag = -2spf.T_stressz/(0.077257rho_inf*U_inf^2)

where my flow direction is -y direction and z axis is perpendicular direction (lift direction).

But I am not obtaining reasonable results. I hope your insights can help me accordingly. I have attaching some pictures of the sim file as well.

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 3, 2021, 7:26 p.m. PDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted:9 months ago Oct 27, 2021, 1:30 p.m. PDT
Updated:9 months ago Oct 27, 2021, 1:31 p.m. PDT

Hello Musavir,

Can you clarify what results do not appear reasonable to you? Is it the flow computed, or the integrals computed, or something else...?

I strongly recommend you upload your .mph file (stripped of the mesh and solution to reduce file size) to obtain more meaningful feedback from Discussion Forum users. Without it, trying to help you is akin to joining a game of blindfold chess halfway through the game...

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Musavir, Can you clarify what results do not appear reasonable to you? Is it the flow computed, or the integrals computed, or something else...? I strongly recommend you upload your .mph file (stripped of the mesh and solution to reduce file size) to obtain more meaningful feedback from Discussion Forum users. Without it, trying to help you is akin to joining a game of blindfold chess halfway through the game... Best, Jeff

Posted:9 months ago Nov 3, 2021, 7:26 p.m. PDT

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply and precious time. I am hereby attaching the solution file. I have cleaned the mesh and solution. I am not getting good results as I compared with already existing results. Thank you.

Regards,

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply and precious time. I am hereby attaching the solution file. I have cleaned the mesh and solution. I am not getting good results as I compared with already existing results. Thank you. Regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.